Educators are kindly invited to join the Congress virtually with their classroom or educational institute (suggested age range 12-18 years old or older).
When: This autumn from the 21st of September – 9th of October 2020, presenters from all over the world will make their work available to schools to follow online. For 3 weeks, a list of topics on high level planetary science, ranging from the Moon to the exoplanets and laboratory experiments will be given.
- List of scientific talks with plain language summary (available on-demand video)
- Every week a Q&Α session with one of the experts will be broadcasted live, and the students will have the opportunity to pose questions to them.
- Supporting live workshops will be organised by both experienced and young researchers on introductory topics, targeted at students who wish to learn more about e.g.:
- How do we calculate the Age of the Earth?
- A trip to Antarctica to chase meteorites.
- Our solar system and its weird cousins
- What is “Astrobiology”?
- “Anatomy” of a Scientific talk (students vote their favourite scientific talk)
Please register to participate (non-obligatory ), either in the live or in the recorded events, according to the technical capabilities of your classroom, in the following form:
More information on the speakers will follow soon and you will be contacted at the beginning of September with the full program.
Art Competition: Schools are also invited to participate in the EPSC arts contest. If you have been inspired, create and share your drawings, storytelling, pictures, videos, models, craft works or art installations at home. The deadline for submissions is 30th of October. There are no age restrictions for participants. You can find more information on the contest at https://www.europlanet-society.org/outreach/inspiredbyotherworlds-arts-contest/ .
If you’d also like to share on social media please use the hashtags #InspiredByOtherWorlds #EPSC2020 #LeWiBo.
Let’s open up science to young students and give them the chance to ask experts in planetary science questions directly! The events will be held in English, with a possibility of a follow-up in the native language of the speaker, if different from English (french, greek and russian are already included. More to be announced soon).
With the kind support of Europlanet Society, Lecturers without Borders, Europlanet Early Career network (EPEC), Scientix